Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Run Quick Or You're Next!

Callooh Callay tagged us in a recent blog. Since then, I've been trying too hard (as usual) to come up with seven clever personal revelations as required. Trying too hard makes one look like she's trying too hard, and none of us want to look like that. So, read on for seven decidedly unclever facts.
  1. I love avocadoes just like this: ripe and fresh with a felted coat of dark green just inside the skin and thick creamy paleness and paradise within, with clusters of sea salt crystals for contrast and crunch. I think my love for avocado is partly owing to the memory of sitting with my dad at the kitchen table as a young 'un, watching him slice and salt wedges of them to share with me.
  2. Gene loves avocados as much as I do. Amanda and Draven, not so much.
  3. Both Gene and I are socially awkward in person.
  4. I think I need to shave my toes. Gene thinks he needs to shave his ears. We both think the other is silly for thinking such things.
  5. I've been trying out Tom's of Maine's natural, no aluminum deodorant. It seems to work well so far.
  6. Our new baby chicks are taking a nap. The Crows are Counting on my mp3 player. It's a day for the birds, I guess.
  7. Trying too hard is like having leprosy. You just can't hide it.

I'm tagging Star of the East and Claire.

3 comments:

Callooh Callay said...

Not like leprosy! This is a great list. Your description of avocados is postively sensuous--makes me want to run out and get one!

Unknown said...

Seth and I can totally relate to #3 LOL And now I must go out and get an avacado!

Resident Square said...

John Mayer uses Tom's of Maine toothpaste...just one of the many useless facts I have jammed into my clutterbrain!
PS, I don't think you are socially awkward at all.